link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Saturday 26 September 2015

351: Wrocław (as it is spelt) or Vrotswav ( as it is pronounced) - Part I

I'm in the middle of another mini-adventure. My Friday evening and Sunday morning students had both cancelled (perhaps I'm losing my  touch!) so I decided, on the spur of the moment, to visit Wrocław in Silesia in South West Poland. Here are a few of the photos I took to commemorate the visit, together with  some words plagiarized from the "Wrocław in your pocket" guide to the city.


I set off bright and early from my flat in Młociny so that I could be sure of catching the 8.15 Pendolino (Inter-City Premium) from Warsaw Centralnaya. The journey took 3 hours and 43 minutes and it was pleasant to watch the countryside whizzing by - or perhaps the train was whizzing by and the countryside not moving at all. The train pulled in exactly on schedule at 11.56 and, joy of joys, there was a McDonalds in the station for a spot of lunch. 

The hotel I had picked was the 5* Platinum Palace, all very different from my hotel in Antalya a month or so ago. I arrived a little bit early so was forced to drink a quick beer while they prepared the room for me. Then it was off into town for some exploring. I had a quick wander around the old town and stopped to sit and listen to an outdoor concert by some kind of "oompah" band. All very pleasant. If they hadn't been singing in Polish I might have thought I was somewhere in Bavaria.





Part II tomorrow - I can hear dinner calling.......





tryb dzienny 2010 from Wroclawska Fontanna on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment