link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Sunday 7 June 2015

342: A few notes from your man in Warsaw

3 blogs in 4 days. But rest assured, I'm rapidly running out of steam. Today's blog is in response to a request from Bob Ames, a Face Book friend, who asked if the following was real:

Off into town I went to try and discover its authenticity. I can report that the picture is, probably, of a real crossing. The crossing that looks vaguely like a piano keyboard that I managed to track down didn't have the 'island' in the middle so either the picture is a photo-shopped version or there are several of them in the city. I will keep looking but in the meantime here is the one that I found. It is on Emilii Plater street (Emilia Plater was a Polish noblewoman and revolutionary). Unfortunately I entered the street in the middle of its length with the option of turning left or right to look for this particular crossing, which I hadn't seen before. Of course I got it wrong. I turned left and walked the length of half Emilii Plater street before having to retrace my steps and start looking in the other half. Oh well, it keeps me fit. Took a few more pictures while I was in the area. Love the juxtaposition of the Hard Rock cafĂ© trade mark guitar with the Palace of Culture (a present to the people of Warsaw from that 'nice' Mr Stalin). 
Just in case, I mean the monolith and not the guitar!









No comments:

Post a Comment