link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Friday 31 January 2014

285: 50 not out

Just returned home having donated my 50th pint of blood (51st actually but the Scottish one isn't counted - you'd think they had their independence already).
I was surprised to be presented with a badge and a pen. When I say presented with I mean the nurse who takes your details and checks the form just hands you the box and says thank you. And a very elegant box it is too!
Checkout also the cleverly designed tablecloth that is covering the table when you sit down for your coffee and biscuits at the end.



Tucked away in the BBC News site today was the result of a study suggesting that 25% of Russian men die before they are 55 - and most of the deaths are due to alcohol. The comparable UK figure is 7%.
Here are two video clips about binge drinking - the first one is funny but the second one definitely isn't. I include it to show that it is not only Russia that has a problem with binge drinking. We in the UK do too.

I heard that a lot of people gave up drinking for January. A noble effort and one I didn't find myself able to emulate. Maybe one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment