link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Wednesday 7 August 2013

256:around and about

The Moscow Summer continues apace, one minute the temperature is in the upper 20s and the next Summer storms are making the torrential rain bounce off the pavements - and off any unprepared teachers caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was caught twice on Monday - once at each end of my metro journey as the storm moved North at the same speed as the train. Had to go home and wring out my socks - well almost everything really.

A few photos snapped on my peregrinations:
I've found the place where they grow hidden microphones!


You might think that 1939 & 1940 are hidden
behind the bushes on the left but no:
in Russia the Great Patriotic War only started in 1941. (After the collapse of the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact)
Untold millions perished. They will not be forgotten.


Couldn't resist snapping this when I was out on my run yesterday. I was almost overcome by a desire to stop and lie down on the next bench. But I resisted.


A working wooden church not far from where I live.


Two of my friends, Pauline and Fred, have a birthday today. Couldn't find any songs to dedicate to Pauline but here's one to dedicate to Fred: 'ave a cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment