link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Tuesday 16 July 2013

253:St Swithin's Day

1.   We have a legend in UK that if it rains on St. Swithun's day (July 15th) then it will rain for the next 40 days. Yesterday most of UK was basking in a heatwave so I hope this bodes well for my forthcoming visits. 

2.   There was a local market, here in Timiryazevskiy district. It nestled between the road and the railway line and you could buy almost anything there.

No longer. Over the course of the last few days it has been razed to the ground and all that is left is the cleaning up operation.






3.   On this day in 1918 Tsar Nicholas II and his family were shot by a Bolshevik firing squad in Ekaterinburg. Look at the resemblance between the Tsar and his distant relative Prince Michael of Kent. I once attended a Russian refresher course alongside Prince Michael. Strangely he got the lion's share of the IOPs (Individual Oral Practice). I contented myself by thinking that perhaps he needed more practice than I did. 




For today's video clip I have chosen Seal - a kiss from a rose. Apropos of nothing, simply that I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment