link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Monday 1 July 2013

248:Ramsey 10K - 30 Jun 2013

Yesterday I ran in a 10km race - the first for years and years. Since I started running again I have been plodding along: jogging for 2 minutes and walking for 1 minute. I was keen to see how, or if, such a regime would/could fit into a proper race. 
When I heard that the Ramsey 10 race would be held on a weekend that I was in the country it seemed to me that fate had decided to intervene. What could I do but sign up to take part. I finished 272nd out of 276 runners.
I was pleased and disappointed at the same time. Pleased because I actually finished the race (and not quite last) and disappointed because it took so long. If I am to get back into "serious" running there is a lot of work ahead of me. 
Here are edits from the video of the race showing the start and runner number 302 coming in 1 hour and 14 minutes later.


Everybody that finishes gets a "medal" and this is what it looks like:

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete