link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Thursday 23 May 2013

241:The Pike and Eel (щука и угорь)

I'm spending this week in UK and decided to spend some of my British Airways delayed flight compensation money by taking some good friends out for a meal. 
We went to the Pike and Eel hotel which nestles by the side of the river Great Ouse in Cambridgeshire. To quote from their website it is "a haven of traditional hospitality". Their usual high standards were maintained with good food and attentive service. 
Here are some pictures to help you visualise the ambience of the hotel and the area around it. Note to Clive - in this day and age it is a good idea to be on your guard 24/7 for rogue snappers to catch you unprepared. I toyed with the idea of airbrushing you out but then it would look as if I was taking your wife out to dinner and tongues would wag.














An amusing item on the BBC Web Site this morning about Churchill and Stalin "making merry" (веселиться) until the small hours. 

For my video clip this morning I wanted to include something with a watery flavour due to the proximity of the Pike and Eel to the river. Here is part 1 of  episode 1 of a modern slant on the Jerome K Jerome classic "3 men in a boat". Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment