link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Tuesday 2 April 2013

227:On the horns of a dilemma

To be 'on the horns of a dilemma' means to face a choice between two undesirable alternatives. Here the snow is melting and leaving huge puddles on the pavements. The choice is to 'wade' through the puddles or walk on the road and risk being run down by a speeding motorist.
I have some galoshes from my time here in the late 70s that are proving to be worth their weight in gold. Sometimes though the water in the puddles comes up to the zip of the galoshes and I am forced to spend the day wandering about in wet socks. Trench foot in Moscow?




I give up. Even though it is my birthday I'm too tired to write any more and I have an 05.30 reveille in order to meet my first student at 08.30 not far from metro station  Yugo Zapadnaya. She is always late but it doesn't do for the teacher to be late. So a second breakfast at McDonalds will be the order of the day while I wait for her to arrive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment