link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Tuesday 23 April 2013

232:Sand sculptures

Today, between lessons 1 and 2, I went to Kropotkinskaya metro station to look at the sand sculpture exhibition. Once upon a time it was an exhibition of sand and ice - but the ice has long since melted! Very impressive. I wish I had an ounce of the sculptors' artistic talent. (Horses for courses - perhaps they wish they could write computer programs or do any of the other things I excel at!).
The exhibition is just beside the "new" Cathedral of Christ the Saviour. I say new because when I was here in the 70s there was a swimming pool where the cathedral now stands. Good for Baptisms now I suppose.



A few pictures of the sculptures. The lady on the door said it was the largest in the world - well it would be wouldn't it.












A video to finish. Hey Sandy. Written by Harvey Andrews and included on his 1972 album Writer of Songs. A sad story line but I like the song.
For my Russian friends, colleagues and students; Sandy, as a name, is sometimes, but not always, a short form of Alexander. 



No comments:

Post a Comment