link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Tuesday 26 March 2013

226:Be nice to me - I gave blood!

This afternoon I finally managed to donate another pint of blood (my 49th). The last attempt was thwarted because I had been to the dentist in the morning and had had some plaque removed from my teeth. The National Health Service (NHS) suggested that if I had accidentally swallowed some of the plaque it may have got into my bloodstream. The NHS are ultra cautious when it comes to taking blood from potential donors.
It is a fairly painless experience and afterwards they give you a cup of tea or coffee and a biscuit. I can go again in 12 weeks time.
In the meantime I have an empty arm and this evening, over dinner, I will try and fill the space with some white wine.





Here is a prime example of British humour from the 60's when Tony Hancock went to donate a pint of blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment