link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Friday 1 March 2013

224:The first day of Spring - Ha ha!

According to the calendar, 1st March is the first day of Spring. And it was beginning to look that way on the streets - armies of migrant workers have been hard at it clearing away, or at least piling up for later removal, the snow.
Experience has taught me that there was more to come. Now look at this morning's "picture through the window". Welcome back Winter. 

1st March is also St David's day. He is the patron Saint of Wales. I have a lot of time for Welsh people and love the lilt of their accent. Here is a short clip from a Welsh comedian and singer/songwriter called Max Boyce. He rose to fame in the mid-70s. 




I was in Istanbul last weekend and seem to have bought something unintended back with me. I don't know whether it was a Russian virus I took with me or a Turkish virus I picked up there. I'm calling it Eurasian 'flu and I will be glad when I have shaken it off and can get on with my life.
I also bought some Turkish Delight (рахат-лухум), which will be going with me to UK tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment