link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Sunday 3 February 2013

219:'elf and safety (again)

Forgive me if I keep banging on about Health and Safety as an issue but I never cease to be amazed by the extent of the difference between Health and Safety in Great Britain which, to my mind, has gone too far, and in Russia, which still has a long way to go.
This morning's photo shows snow clearing operations outside my flat. The little dozer darts back and forth to the pile of snow across the road and then takes a bucketful to the lorry. The dozer (dozy?) driver gambles with, and almost seems oblivious to, the traffic. Back home the traffic would be stopped and there would be a man with a stop/go board at either end.

On this day, in 1966, the Soviet probe 'Luna 9' made the first controlled landing of a man-made object on the surface of the moon.

Does anybody remember this old Bowie number from 1969 - Space Oddity?

No comments:

Post a Comment