link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Tuesday 27 November 2012

208:What a wonderful weld!

Took this picture this morning of some immigrant workers building something at the end of my block of flats. The guy perched precariously on the stepladder is doing some welding. Wonder what it's going to be when it's finished. 
I think in UK we have too much "elf and safety" and here in Russia they have too little. Somewhere between the two extremes would be nice.



In a typical for me play on words I thought I might include a you tube link to Louis Armstrong's rendition of "it's a wonderful weld (world)" 
Finally, I just wanted to mention that on this day in 1967, French President Charles de Gaulle vetoed Britain's membership of the European Union for a second time. Some might say it's a pity it wasn't vetoed a third time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment