link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Tuesday 11 September 2012

188:Not for all the tea in China*

I had a lesson in Moscow city earlier today. I haven't been to that part of town for years and it was interesting to see that development continues apace. There is still no infrastructure to speak of. The area is linked by metro by a spur from Kiyevskaya station but the metro trains are infrequent. As far as I can see there is no bus route. When I last ventured there it was possible to take a marshrutka to Krasnopresnaya metro but I think that link has now been severed. Many of those who drive there have to park a long way back along the embankment and walk the rest of the way. 
I saw three guys cleaning windows. You might be able to make them out in the picture. Not if you paid me a million roubles would I do that job. 





 This delightful little "postcard" reads: If all States were governed by women there would be no wars in the world. There would simply be many countries that didn't speak to each other!


not for all the tea in China

informal there is nothing at all that could induce one to do something:I wouldn’t do that window cleaner's job—not for all the tea in China

No comments:

Post a Comment