link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Monday 13 August 2012

179:Goodbye to the Olympics

I arrived back in Moscow yesterday morning but feel that no British blog would be complete without a reference to the Olympics. Here is a BBC video of the closing ceremony:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19240030
Reading through the comments from some of the media around the world I particularly enjoyed reading the following from the U.S. press:
"This country of 62 million people, roughly the size of Michigan, reminded itself of its uncanny ability to punch above its weight." Nice.
Here is the full text if you want to read it:
http://mankatofreepress.com/statenews/x685076055/London-Games-end-with-a-party

And, just because I don't like submitting blogs without any pictures, here is one of the steps to/from my local supermarket. I put a picture on the blog some months ago showing the dire condition of them but, finally, they are being repaired. Has Mr Health and Safety finally arrived in Moscow?

No comments:

Post a Comment