link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Sunday 24 June 2012

169:the week in pictures

Time, as ever, is pressing in on me (this morning mainly due to spending too much time in bed), so I thought I would simply present a few pictures taken around and about during the week and add a few comments where appropriate.
This guy was parked, nose and tail, on a zebra crossing. The sticker, dripping with irony, had obviously been placed there by an irate citizen and says something like "I spit on everybody, I will park where I want." Lovely. I hope it takes a lot of "elbow grease"* to remove. I know parking is a problem in Moscow but it doesn't give drivers carte-blanche to park "willy-nilly*". A little consideration for others might be nice. 


*elbow grease - an idiom for hard work. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elbow_grease
*willy-nilly - in an unplanned, haphazard fashionhttp://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/willy-nilly.html
The delightful and enchanting pipe music of the Andes, right here in Moscow. An impromptu, unscheduled, concert right next to the portaloos at Paveletskiy. I saw two policemen walking past, probably wondering whether to move them on or not. The musicians I mean, not the portaloos! Just off camera there were, of course, people selling CDs of the group performing.
Cherries and strawberries are in season. They are being sold from stalls all over town and what a beautiful aroma of fresh cherries as you walk past them.
The beautification of the city continues apace. Here, on the pavements around Victory Park, are piles and piles of "instant grass" waiting for gangs of labourers to arrive and unroll them.



No comments:

Post a Comment