link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Monday 4 June 2012

163:'Ealth and, like, safety and the Diamond Jubilee pageant

I can't believe I haven't blogged since 22nd May - almost two weeks with nary a peep out of me. I was, and still am, bereft of inspiration. 
Today´s blog has three topics. The first is meant to draw attention to some of the differences between Health and Safety issues in UK and Russia. In UK there would be about half a mile of safety cones between traffic and anybody working in the road. Here, two will do nicely. And in UK ear defenders would be de rigeur. I haven´t seen anybody here working in a noisy environment wearing them. Still, I'm sure their employer will compensate them in later life when they report hearing loss problems. Or perhaps not.


My second topic is, like, a straight lift from the Moscow News. Grammar goes out of the window when young people speak a language as can be read in this article from Mark Teeter. I guess it helps language, like, evolve.


Finally, here is a link to some footage of the magnificent pageant on the Thames yesterday as the nation helped the Queen to celebrate her Diamond Anniversary as our monarch. The BBC have used a time-lapse camera to show all 1,000+ vessels passing in just over 3 minutes.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18320076


No comments:

Post a Comment