link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Sunday 22 January 2012

74:My flat

Luxury of luxuries, today I don't have to go out. This is a highly unusual occurrence and a moment to be treasured. Especially since it is -14 outside and getting colder by the minute. Whenever there is a South wind blowing, as there is today, the inside of the flat gets a bit chilly - despite the only slightly effective radiators and only slightly effective lagging of the windows.
Here then are 2 pictures of the inside of the flat - a bog standard Russian flat known colloquially as a панельное (домостроение) or panel/sectional flat, as opposed to a Крущёвка (one built during the Krushchov era) or a коммуналка (a house or apartment block with shared facilities). Often I don't need to turn my radio or television on as I can just listen to my neighbours' sets but at least "the facilities" don't need to be shared with anyone!





1 comment:

  1. Ну, чтож поделать? Каждый арендует жилье по своим средствам… Вам доступно только такое :)

    ReplyDelete