link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Wednesday 21 December 2011

44:Ossetian Pies

Yet again my first student of the day "cried off". This time, thankfully, I heard about it before I left the house. I must confess I went back to bed for an hour or so.
It's 9.15 in the morning and still dark, well not really dark but the kind of half-light you get when it is or has been snowing. We've had a lot of snow overnight and the temperature is -3. It is forecast to rise to +1 later.

Today's photograph is of the Ossetian pie cafe on Malaya Ordinka. It is a nice place to go for a change from fast-food outlets. They sell a large variety of traditional pies from the Ossetian region of Russia. They are very tasty. They even offer free delivery in and around Moscow.
http://vkusnee.ru/
Look at the snow, piled neatly in a little heap. Between now and next April an army of workers will be spending an awful lot of time piling snow into little heaps for tractors and lorries to come and take away.


No comments:

Post a Comment