link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Thursday 1 December 2011

26:Larging it

You'll have to have tomorrow's blog today, because tomorrow I'm out and about all day. I went to the cinema this evening to see Tower Heist (как украсть небоскрёб). A good film. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more if it had been in English so I could have understood more of it.
But, walking up to Metropolis and seeing it all lit up ready for "Christmas" reminded me how Russians are really good at doing things on a grand scale.










Somehow it reminded me of the recent additions to the (British) English language - larging it.
have (or give) it large

British informal go out and enjoy oneself, typically with drink or drugs; go clubbing:
are you still having it large every weekend?

verb

[no object(large itBritish informal
  • enjoy oneself in a lively way with drink or drugs and music:Bez is known in clubland for his capacity for larging itpeople cannot large it for three or four nights a week and expect not to experience something negative

No comments:

Post a Comment